Applications are open for men and women undergraduate residents in 2024

Application process

Complete the Application Form found on our website and pay the $150 Application Fee. You will need to attach a personal statement and a recent photograph of yourself, and arrage for two references to be sent from people who know you well. For school-leavers, at least one reference should be from a senior member of your school staff.


Once we have received your application the Registrar will invite you to attend an interview with the Senior Tutor at the College. A Zoom interview can be arranged for candidates who live out outside Sydney or overseas. Whilst there is no deadline for receipt of applications, it is advisable to lodge your application as early as possible during the year preceding entry in order to secure a place and avoid being placed on a waiting list. A tour of the College can be booked at any time!


Offers of places are made conditional upon you gaining entry to the desired degree course at the University of Sydney.

A limited number of places may be offered to students who gain a place at another metropolitan university. Non-University of Sydney applicants are initially interviewed, waitlisted, and then offers are normally made to successful candidates in November of the year prior to entry.

Please send a copy of your ATAR (for school leavers) or a transcript of your university results as soon as you receive them in December to


Residential fees include accommodation, 21 meals per week, weekly room cleaning and linen changing, utilities, use of library, oval and gymnasium, student services and support, academic tutorial programme, 100GB WiFi access per month. Visit our website to find our current fee schedule.

Frequently asked questions

Yes, we can set up a Zoom meeting with you. All you need to do is get in touch with our registrar to set up a time –

Offers of places are made conditional upon you gaining entry to the desired degree course either at the University of Sydney or another approved metropolitan university, however applications to the College can be lodged before gaining entry to a University and is advised to apply as early as possible.

St Paul’s now takes students studying at other major metropolitan universities

Should you decide to take a break, you need to let the College know and complete necessary forms. The Dean of Undergraduates and Senior Tutor are here to help you with any questions or general advice.

Get in touch

We would love to help you with your enquiries. Contact the College Registrar at or call us on 02 9550 7444