The College’s governing body is its Council, established by statute (the St Paul’s College Act, 1854, as amended 1857) and consisting of the Warden and eighteen Fellows.
The Warden and six Fellows must be Anglican clergy and the remainder must be laymen. Fellows are elected by all “members of the College” who are Sydney University graduates, and for this purpose the by-laws define a “member of the College” as anyone who has been resident for three semesters. The Fellows thus represent the wider Pauline community.
The by-laws are the means by which Council regulates its own activities, including elections, and the life of the resident community, and are subject to approval by the New South Wales Parliament.
- The Hon L.D.S. Waddy, AM, RFD, QC, LLB(Syd)
. In College 1958-61, elected in 1971.
- Mr J.R.G. Bell, BA LLB(Syd)
. In College 1969-75, elected in 1996.
- The Rt Revd R.W. Hurford, OAM, BA MTh(Wales), ThDip(ACT), GradDipTh(Sarum), DipREd(Melb), FGMS(Lond), FGCM, MACE
. Elected in 2001.
- The Revd A. Sempell, BA(UNE), BTh DipMin(ACT), Deputy Chairman
. Elected in 2010.
- The Revd P.J. Bradford, MA(Syd), MTh
. Elected in 2012.
- Mr M.D.G. Gerber, BCom MIntStud(Syd)
. In College 1993-96, elected in 2012.
- Mr A.I. Sinclair, BE(Syd),
College Bursar. In College 1991-94, elected in 2013.
- Dr C.S. Biscoe, BDS(Syd)
. Elected in 2013.
- Mr D.E. de M. Roberts, BEc LLB(Syd). In College 1981-84, elected in 2015.
- The Revd Dr J. Collins, DipTeach(Claremont TC), GradDipRelEd(CathPastInstWA), GradDipRelEdStud BEd(WACAE), BTheol(Murdoch), CPE(RPH), PostGradDipArts MA (ECowan), PhD(Tasm). Elected in 2015.
- Mr M.R. Elliott, BE(Syd), Chairman. In College 1981-84, elected in 2016.
- Rev’d Dr E.A. Loane, BSc(Syd) BD(Hons) DipMin(MTC) PhD(Cantab). In College 1999, elected in 2017.
- Mr R.G. Goninan, BCom BE(Civil)(Syd). In College 2003-06, elected in 2017.
See lists of:
Previous Fellows 1855-1900
Important Council documents:
St Paul’s College Act (1854)
St Paul’s College Act (amendment 1857)
St Paul’s College by-laws (1991)