The College’s governing body is its Council, established by statute, consisting of the Warden and twelve Fellows.
The St Paul’s College Act 2018, passed by State Parliament on 14 November 2018, modernised the governance of the College, including reducing the size and increasing the diversity of the College Council.
The St Paul’s College Act 2018 is here. It received Royal Assent on 22 November 2018, and came into effect on 4 February 2019 (a date fixed by proclamation).
Upon the commencement of the St Paul’s College Act 2018, the College’s previous By-laws ceased to have effect. New By-laws (modelled closely on the previous By-laws) were made and adopted by the Council on 4 February 2019 and are available here. It is expected that the new Council, formed on 31 March 2019, will conduct a review of By-laws later in 2019.
For details of the 2018 governance modernisation, following extensive consultation, click here.
The governance reform of St Paul’s College was passed with the support of both the Government and the Opposition, and with the support of the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Sydney (Dr Michael Spence AC), the Anglican Archbishop of Sydney (the Most Revd Dr Glenn Davies), the Broderick Project Team that undertook the cultural review of the College in 2018, the College Council, and the committee of the St Paul’s College Union (the alumni body).
COLLEGE COUNCIL – THE WARDEN AND FELLOWS
- Dr Donald Markwell, BEcon (Hons) (Qld), MA, MPhil, DPhil (Oxon)
- Chairman: Mr M.R. Elliott, BE(Syd). In College 1981-84, elected in 2016.
- Deputy Chairman: The Revd A. Sempell, BA(UNE), BTh DipMin(ACT),
elected in 2010.
- Mr J.R.G. Bell, BA LLB(Syd)
. In College 1969-75, elected in 1996.
- The Revd P.J. Bradford, MA(Syd), MTh
. Elected in 2012.
- Mr M.D.G. Gerber, BCom MIntStud(Syd)
. In College 1993-96, elected in 2012.
- Mr A.I. Sinclair, BE(Syd),
College Bursar. In College 1991-94, elected in 2013.
- Dr C.S. Biscoe, BDS(Syd)
FPFA FICD FADI. Elected in 2013.
- Mr D.E. de M. Roberts, BEc LLB(Syd). In College 1981-84, elected in 2015.
- The Revd Dr J. Collins, DipTeach(Claremont TC), GradDipRelEd(CathPastInstWA), GradDipRelEdStud BEd(WACAE), BTheol(Murdoch), CPE(RPH), PostGradDipArts MA (ECowan), PhD(Tasm). Elected in 2015.
- Rev’d Dr E.A. Loane, BSc(Syd) BD(Hons) DipMin(MTC) PhD(Cantab). In College 1999, elected in 2017.
- Mr R.G. Goninan, BCom BE(Civil)(Syd). In College 2003-06, elected in 2017.
- Associate Professor J. Horne, PhD (UNSW). Appointed in 2019.
See lists of:
Previous Fellows 1855-1900
2019 College Council elections – declaration of result
St Paul’s College Act (2018)
St Paul’s College By-laws (2019)
Previous (not in force) documents:
St Paul’s College Act (1854)
St Paul’s College Act (amendment 1857)
Regulation issued under By-Law 49 – 2 Feb 2018