The College’s governing body is its Council, established by statute (the St Paul’s College Act, 1854, as amended 1857) and consisting of the Warden and eighteen Fellows.
The St Paul’s College Bill 2018, passed by State Parliament on 14 November 2018, will modernise the governance of the College, including reducing the size and increasing the diversity of the College Council.
The St Paul’s College Bill 2018 is here. It will come into effect after receiving Royal Assent, on a date to be fixed by proclamation (in late 2018 or early 2019).
When the St Paul’s College Bill 2018 comes into effect, new by-laws will be made available on the College website (in accordance with Section 17(3) of the Bill).
For details of the 2018 governance modernisation, following extensive consultation, click here.
The governance reform of St Paul’s College was passed with the support of both the Government and the Opposition, and with the support of the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Sydney (Dr Michael Spence AC), the Anglican Archbishop of Sydney (the Most Revd Dr Glenn Davies), the Broderick Project Team that undertook the cultural review of the College in 2018, the College Council, and the committee of the St Paul’s College Union (the alumni body).
CURRENT MEMBERS OF COUNCIL
- The Hon L.D.S. Waddy, AM, RFD, QC, LLB(Syd)
. In College 1958-61, elected in 1971.
- Mr J.R.G. Bell, BA LLB(Syd)
. In College 1969-75, elected in 1996.
- The Rt Revd R.W. Hurford, OAM, BA MTh(Wales), ThDip(ACT), GradDipTh(Sarum), DipREd(Melb), FGMS(Lond), FGCM, MACE
. Elected in 2001.
- The Revd A. Sempell, BA(UNE), BTh DipMin(ACT), Deputy Chairman
. Elected in 2010.
- The Revd P.J. Bradford, MA(Syd), MTh
. Elected in 2012.
- Mr M.D.G. Gerber, BCom MIntStud(Syd)
. In College 1993-96, elected in 2012.
- Mr A.I. Sinclair, BE(Syd),
College Bursar. In College 1991-94, elected in 2013.
- Dr C.S. Biscoe, BDS(Syd)
. Elected in 2013.
- Mr D.E. de M. Roberts, BEc LLB(Syd). In College 1981-84, elected in 2015.
- The Revd Dr J. Collins, DipTeach(Claremont TC), GradDipRelEd(CathPastInstWA), GradDipRelEdStud BEd(WACAE), BTheol(Murdoch), CPE(RPH), PostGradDipArts MA (ECowan), PhD(Tasm). Elected in 2015.
- Mr M.R. Elliott, BE(Syd), Chairman. In College 1981-84, elected in 2016.
- Rev’d Dr E.A. Loane, BSc(Syd) BD(Hons) DipMin(MTC) PhD(Cantab). In College 1999, elected in 2017.
- Mr R.G. Goninan, BCom BE(Civil)(Syd). In College 2003-06, elected in 2017.
See lists of:
Previous Fellows 1855-1900
Important Council documents:
St Paul’s College Bill (2018)
St Paul’s College Act (1854)
St Paul’s College Act (amendment 1857)
St Paul’s College by-laws (1991)